Permaculture is not just growing food in a sustainable way. It is a complete design methodology in which we we learn from nature how to manage systems in order to fulfil human needs with minimal negative environmental impact.
Sure, it usually starts by wanting to grow our own food but soon develops into ideas about working together to sustainably management of all our society needs;
- Creating trade structures which are fair for all,
- Looking after our people, our land and all living things,
eaving the world at least as healthy and abundant as we found it,
- Treading lightly on the planet in our journey.
- Bringing wealth creation to the places it is most needed with consequent improvement to health and happiness.
The course is held at Garden Cottage in Britains oldest intentional forest garden. There is nowhere better to learn about permaculture. You will be learning in a place where permaculture principles have been put into practice for over 25 years!
The course will be led by Graham Bell. There is no-one better to start your permaculture journey with. Graham has a thirty year engagement with permaculture and has been teaching the subject for twenty five years. He has taught on four continents, pioneering new approaches in environments and cultures as diverse as Iceland and Israel, Slovenia and Senegal, Guinea and Germany.
By the end of the weekend you will be able to:
- Design for a sustainable future,
- Understand permaculture planting methods,
- Recognise and utilise natural patterns in nature,
- Design for minimum intervention and maximum yield,
- Harvest and conserve energy,
- Harvest and conserve water,
- Permaculture composting and the value of healthy soils,
- Learn how to understand and manage relationships between people and the land.
The Introduction to Permaculture course is run over a weekend. It can be taken as a stand alone course or forms unit 1 of the full Permacultured Design Certificate.
Next course dates:
3rd-4th February 2018
17th – 18th March 2018
17th-18th November 2018
If you require more details, please email email@example.com
Places are limited to 12 so please book early to avoid disappointment!
The cost of the PDC is dependent upon your personal circumstances. Please visit the Course Charges page for details. These are under review, so early booking may well save costs. We do not consider you have booked unless you have paid or made an arrangement to pay in instalments.